Nowadays, everyone is saying about A.I (Artificial Intelligence). The world is changing faster than before. It seems that all people will not live without A.I. The fast-changing world generally makes new investment to infrastructure for its future. It is for pre-occupancy. 5G network business or infrastructure is a typical example to explain about those change. 5G network infra has made a synergy with high-distribution rate and growth of smartphone, and those base has been helping us to adapt the fast-changing world well.
Smartphone has led the end of 3rd industrial revolution and a start of 4th industrial revolution. From now, a new tool(medium) will lead the new era, called ‘A.I era’, and economic growth. Among them, the thing which can have a strong effect on our daily life is A.I speaker.
A.I Speaker and Understanding of Digital Business
A.I speaker has been being distributed from 2016, and its rate has been being sharply increasing until now. In its initial stage, a price of A.I speaker was little high due to its business development cost. However, its price has been gradually decreasing because of process efficiency and high-demand. So, a boost of its distribution rate began from that time. Also, there was a price dumping war among telecommunication companies. This situation had an effect on price down and high-distribution rate of A.I speaker.
In the case of domestic A.I speaker market, it actively started by telecommunication companies, such as SK Telecom, Korea Telecom (KT), and, LG U Plus. As its next step, the big 2 ICT companies, such as KAKAO and NAVER, entered in the market. And then, foreign A.I speaker, such as Google Home and Alexa, was entered in the market. This trend means that A.I speaker market has been more diversified than before. Its market is growing faster, and its features and a number of services in A.I speaker are being upgraded or improved.
Satisfaction level of A.I speaker is about 50 percent yet due to accuracy of voice recognition and low-quality services. In spite of those situation, why do a lot of big companies enter in A.I speaker market?
Before explaining about its reason, let’s know how to operate A.I speaker and which technologies are utilized for it.
A.I Speaker and Operation Flow
First of all, A.I speaker must be always connected to the network for its data transmission. Therefore, generally, most A.I speakers are connected to home WiFi. A.I speaker has a feature to send and receive a voice at the same time. If A.I speaker send a voice to A.I server of the core system, A.I server changes the voice into text by utilizing STT(Sound-To-Text) technology.
Changed texts are delivered to A.I based chatbot server, and A.I generates the answer from question. And then, by utilizing TTS(Text-To-Sound) technology, its voice are sent to the speaker again. A.I speaker should go through big 5 steps, such as input, transformation, analysis(interpretation), transformation, and output. A.I has just one brain, and it processes all things in parallel. This being so, it can handle a lot of requests from various A.I speakers. The companies having their own A.I speaker are trying to improve its features and recognition accuracy by actively collecting, analyzing, and upgrading voice data.
Understanding of Digital Business
Let’s know about why big companies are entering in A.I speaker market. Consequently, its reason is a formula of digital business ecosystem. The most important factor of digital business is to generate traffic from users or people. Amount of traffics in service or platform is proportional to amount of investment and value.
A.I speaker market is still in the initial stage. Its first traffic was just generated 5 years ago. A growth of its traffics is so fast. If considering that the current A.I speaker is 1st generation model and filling remaining distribution rate, a potential of A.I speaker will be infinite. This being so, a lot of companies have had big investment to enter in A.I speaker market to take preoccupancy of potential traffics, because they can make more new creative something based on those traffic.
This trend is similar to Netflix case. In Over-The-Top(OTT) media market, Netflix aggressively made a big investment with broad marketing activities in the initial stage of market. As its next step, they had distributed various fun contents after sufficiently collecting their customers. Through these steps, they have expanded their potential and profit. This is because they can do nothing without crowd.
In other words, it is like a game of territory war to get future traffic, because a core of digital business is that traffic is money. The current traffic includes future value. Especially, because A.I speaker can strongly affect our daily life in the near future, its value will be higher than what we expected.
There is no No.1 in the market, including domestic and foreign. Now, most people generally select A.I speaker based on their preference and brand power. However, if its features are improved and new A.I speakers are launched in the future, a leading company will be clear in the market. Because A.I speaker will be essential tool in our daily life, as a consumer view, we need to actively utilize A.I companies’ marketing activities and its cost for us to savingly purchase it, and efficiently utilize it.
Through this article, I hope that all readers understand about digital business and A.I speaker market.
A.I Speaker and Understanding of Digital Business
Related Articles about Chatbot:
- Chatbot Preparation: Business Analysis
- Chatbot Preparation: Service Analysis
- Chatbot Preparation: Customer Analysis
- Chatbot Preparation: Competitor and Market Analysis
- Chatbot Planning: Platform Selection (UI: User Interface / Front-end)
- Chatbot Planning: The 5 Typical Types of Chatbot
- Chatbot Trend 2020: Executive Summary (Prologue / Epilogue)
- Best 5 Ways for User to Utilize A.I Chatbot Well
- Categorization of 4 Types By Chatbot Business Goal
- Discovery of Chatbot’s Characteristics and Value Through Corona19
- Is the beginning of A.I (Artificial Intelligence) bubble?
- Case Study: KAKAO ‘NEWSBOT’
- [March, 2020]Chatbot Trend Analysis Report by TonyAround
- All Effects to Our Life by 4th Industrial Revolution
- Top 10 Disappearing Jobs by Artificial Intelligence
- TOP 5 Essentials To Survive In the Era of Artificial Intelligence
- TOP 10 Future Skills In Demand (by Microsoft)
- Reasons to focus on Messenger App and Chatbot
- All Articles about Chatbot
Related External References:
- AI (ARTIFICIAL INTELLIGENCE) SPEAKER MARKET 2020 | KNOW THE LATEST COVID19 IMPACT ANALYSIS AND STRATEGIES OF KEY PLAYERS: AMAZON.COM, INC., APPLE (U.S.), GOOGLE (U.S.), BOSE CORPORATION (U.S.), ETC. | INFORGROWTH
- Alibaba to invest $1.4 billion in AI system for smart speakers
- SK Telecom’s Artificial Intelligence Care Proves Effective in Taking Care of Senior Citizens
- Kakao Enterprise growing fast in the AI market
- NEXT-GEN SMART SPEAKER MARKET TO SEE MAJOR GROWTH BY 2025 | AMAZON, HARMAN INTERNATIONAL, APPLE
- Chinese Speech Recognition Startup AISpeech Raises $58M
- Top AI Speakers to Have at Your Event
- Speech-to-Text API Market to Reach $3,036.5 Million by 2027; Increasing Development of Contact Centers to Aid Growth: Fortune Business Insights™
- KT plans to make AI available everywhere
- The Rise Of AI-Enabled Smart Speakers And Their Future In Our Lives
- [Coronavirus] Conversation with AI speakers on the rise due to epidemic
- Sonos buys an AI startup to improve voice control for its speakers
- Strategy Analytics: Google and Amazon ceded smart speaker market share to Chinese rivals in 2019
- Samsung unveils voice-controlled AI speaker
- Amazon is way ahead of Apple and Google in AI devices
- Smart speaker surveillance is first skirmish in AI data battle
- Are Smart Speakers Really Smart?
- The state of the smart speaker market in 2020
- Smart Speaker Sales Rose 6% in Q1, Despite Uncertain Coronavirus Impact
- 10 Business Functions That Are Ready To Use Artificial Intelligence
- Google workers can listen to what people say to its AI home devices
- The Facebook Portal Smart Speaker Is Back, Now With More AI
- How China has overtaken the US in smart speakers
- Wireless Speakers Market to Reach USD 65.65 Billion by 2026 on Account of Increasing Popularity of Bluetooth-enabled Speakers Worldwide: Fortune Business Insights™
- Guide to Voice Assistants in Business
- The 10 Best Free Online Artificial Intelligence And Machine Learning Courses For 2020
- Voice AI 2020 Predictions from 46 Voice Industry Pros
- Samsung Galaxy Home Mini Smart Speaker Arriving Feb. 12