Now, we are living in 4th Industrial Revolution, with rapid development of technologies. Because 4th Industrial Revolution is still in a period of transition, certain or only one definition or related descriptions are lacked yet. Therefore, I wrote this article to more clarify and simplify related concept or knowledge to 4th Industrial Revolution. In reality, there are a quite lot of question about it.
So, let you know about what 4th Industrial Revolution is and how does it affect out life. With them, I will deal with related forecast based on my practical experience about A.I.
All Effects to Our Life by 4th Industrial Revolution
What is ‘4th Industrial Revolution?’
Typical keywords for 4th Industrial Revolution are Artificial Intelligence, called A.I, and Robot. With introduction of Alpha-go produced by Google DeepMind, the word, ‘4th Industrial Revolution’ were actively used. Essentials to develop and operate A.I or robot are huge storage, quick network, and processing speed. In the past, those qualities were not enough to make A.I or robot. However, now, those problems are solved with rapid growth of IT. Decisively, the world felt surprised due to real use-case like Alpha-go.
A core of 4th Industrial Revolution is that A.I or robots can be alternative for human workforce (including knowledge or manpower). More important thing is that these changes are firstly based on extreme optimization of business or company. In the view of company or business, they have no choice but to change their existing workforce to new things, such as A.I or robot. This is because A.I or robot’s quality and stability are better than human’s.
Especially, one of key characteristics about 4th Industrial Revolution is that it can have effects on all areas. In other words, it can include all accumulated factors by first, second, and third industrial revolution. Really, it is leading destructive changes.
However, big changes always make positive and negative things at the same time. Let you know about what positive and negative things are.
Improved Human Life
Most people including related professionals generally accept that A.I and robots are supporting tools for improved human life. In other words, those tools can be alternative for simple works or jobs. And, through those changes, human’s life quality will be upgraded.
Society, having ability to handle a lot of data, means that it can easily predict and control many things around our society or life. They can prevent from having accidents or disasters. Also, in the view of company or business, they can save all possible resource by simulating and predict customers’ needs.
Maximized Company Value
Consequently, as the word itself, Industrial Revolution is for industry or company. 4th Industrial Revolution is like a gift for them. In the present, introduction of A.I and robots actively help all companies or business to be optimized, and maximize their value.
On the other hands, there are negative factors
Decreased Jobs and Economy Risk
A.I and robots will certainly take a lot of human’s jobs. However, it does not mean that all jobs disappear, because minimum people teaching related knowledge to A.I or robots are essential. Finally, it is hard to stop decreasing jobs.
Due to this trend, in the near future, our economy will be more and more daunted by people losing their jobs, with decreased consumption power. Companies cannot be operated without human’s consumption power. Therefore, in worldwide, many countries having high technologies started making a discussion about robot-tax and basic income for after 4th Industrial Revolution.
Introduction of Bad Robot or A.I
Now, there are already problems about robot or A.I such as fake news or deepfake. With fast growth of technologies, vulnerabilities’ cases are rapidly introduced. It is so natural situation. To protect these cases, many countries are setting related guideline and laws. With them, I forecast that related securities or monitoring technologies will be rapidly developed.
New Social Hierarchy
4th Industrial Revolution is a development of technology, which means that it can bring the rich-get-richer and the poor-get-poorer cycle as new technologies and knowledge are emerging. This trend can make new social hierarchy due to a gap of new knowledge. Its concept is already utilized as the word, ‘Digital Gap’ between younger and older.
Our Posture and Readiness
Basically, Artificial Intelligence and Robots introduced by 4th Industrial Revolution are not bad effects, but supporting tools to improve humans’ life. They are our partner or helper. Therefore, socially, we should try to close to them. Also, everyone help each other to recognize and understand new concept, law, and guideline in the same view.
Honestly, there are still fears around us that emerging technologies will take our jobs. Even though it is not 100%, one certain thing is that a number of jobs will be decreased. If so, to cope with this trend, what should we do? what is competitiveness for them?
The answer is knowledge about Information Technology (IT). Even though it does not mean everyone should be engineer, minimum background knowledge of IT will very helpful and be competitiveness. People having IT knowledge will survive in the future. If you have not confidence for it, at least, as its user, you should get how to use new tools.
Personally, I consider the end time of 4th Industrial Revolution will be longer than in other previous industrial revolution. However, if one successful and perfect real use-case appears, our life will be quickly changed. No one can be sure about the future. However, one certain thing is that it is hard to survive in the future if you do not recognize these changes, and cope with them.
Now, 4th Industrial Revolution is so hot. Honestly, it is still on the starting point. Full changes still have long way to go. I think that these changes may be meaningless if most people don’t have the same or similar view. So, we should try to cope with these changes.
I hope that this article is helpful to the people having interest in A.I, robot, or 4th Industrial Revolution.
Related Articles about Chatbot:
- Chatbot Preparation: Business Analysis
- Chatbot Preparation: Service Analysis
- Chatbot Preparation: Customer Analysis
- Chatbot Preparation: Competitor and Market Analysis
- Chatbot Planning: Platform Selection (UI: User Interface / Front-end)
- Chatbot Planning: The 5 Typical Types of Chatbot
- 5 Rules To Make Good Chatbot (For Working-Level)
- Chatbot Introduction Optimization: Chatbot Solution and Self-Development
- Unexpected 5 New Jobs & Majors by A.I Chatbot
- A.I Sales Effect and Psychology in A.I Era
- Revolution of Online Channel Business based on Chatbot
- Chatbot Trend 2020: Executive Summary (Prologue / Epilogue)
- Best 5 Ways for User to Utilize A.I Chatbot Well
- Categorization of 4 Types By Chatbot Business Goal
- Discovery of Chatbot’s Characteristics and Value Through Corona19
- Is the beginning of A.I (Artificial Intelligence) bubble?
- Case Study: KAKAO ‘NEWSBOT’
- [March, 2020]Chatbot Trend Analysis Report by TonyAround
- All Articles about Chatbot
Related External References:
- The Fourth Industrial Revolution and digitization will transform Africa into a global powerhouse
- 9 reasons to be optimistic about tech in 2020
- How is the Fourth Industrial Revolution changing our economy?
- What history can teach us about the Fourth Industrial Revolution
- Why the Fourth Industrial Revolution could spell more jobs – not fewer
- How manufacturing can thrive in a digital world and lead a sustainable revolution
- AI is the Fourth Industrial Revolution Technology
- Digital Trade
- Law must be adapted for the Fourth Industrial Revolution
- Fourth Industrial Revolution not the biggest culprit causing job losses
- Inventions of The Industrial Revolution 4.0
- The political economy of the fourth industrial revolution
- Fourth Industrial Revolution: The revolution from above – a comparison of SA and Denmark
- Communications in the Fourth Industrial Revolution
- Governing The Fourth Industrial Revolution
- The Industrial Revolution 4.0 and Its Possibilities Revealed
- Fourth Industrial Revolution brings promise and peril for humanity
- The Fourth Industrial Revolution: Risks and Benefits
All Effects to Our Life by 4th Industrial Revolution